1. It's easy to follow.
2. Badass fight scenes.
3. Religious conflict.
4. Sibling rivalry.
5. Powerful women.
6. No. Really.
7. This guy is the coolest nutcase you'll ever see on television.
8. Aside from tough, Ragnar is clever.
9. His brother's not bad either.
10. Did I mention how great this gal is?
11. The History Channel does not over-glorify or glamorize viking warfare.
15. It provides a more involved look at Norse religion.
17. Why wouldn't you give it a look?
The second season of Vikings premieres this Thursday (Thor's Day!), February 27th on the History Channel.