24 Incredibly Bingeable YouTube Channels For When You've Watched Everything On Netflix Already
We've all suddenly got a lot of time on our hands.
YouTube is an amazing place for soothing, educational, short videos that don't require a ton of mental investment or brain space — perfect for stressful times like this.
There's also something about the DIY nature of YouTube — art made by the people for the people — that is incredibly comforting during a time where you may be self-isolating and seeking a little human connection.
In order to capture the full breadth and randomness of YouTube, this list is sourced from a variety of places: my coworkers, me, and this Reddit thread.
2. Graham Norton Show, a British comedic talk show that will make you see your favorite celebrities in a different light
3. You Suck At Cooking for hands-only cooking videos narrated with deadpan humor
It's like recipes that actually don't suck, but with a whole internal monologue of inside jokes. "I watch a lot of "Binging with Babish" to learn about things that I could make, but I watch "You Suck At Cooking" to find recipes that I will make." - HopefullyImAdopted
5. The Great Pottery Throwdown, a wholesome reality show in the spirit of the Great British Bake Off
6. OverlySarcasticProductions, an educational history and literary channel that's great for background listening
"I am a professor of literature. My 11 year old watches these obsessively while playing Minecraft. I'm constantly gobsmacked by what I learn just from overhearing the videos: why didn't I learn that in grad school." - felagund
8. Defunctland for videos that give you the history of Disney park rides that you never even knew you cared about
9. The Proper People for more urban exploration of abandoned places.
"They have a good backlog and their videos are pretty silent (not a whole ot of dialogue except for them talking about the location) so I can turn it on when I’m not paying attention and feel like I’m not missing a whole lot." - Merethic
13. Reality House, which is basically Big Brother but with YouTubers
It's like a super juicy reality TV show from MTV in the late '90s/early 2000s aka when American culture peaked.
14. Bon Apetit's "Gourmet Makes" where the inimitable Claire Saffitz attempts to recreate popular foods like Krispy Kreme donuts.
17. Company Man, featuring short, bite-sized videos behind why some of the world's most famous companies fail
If you've ever lied awake at night wondering whatever happened to Sbarro, this is the channel for you!
19. Caught in Providence, the channel of a traffic court in Rhode Island
Find your new favorite judge. Somehow this channel has amassed almost a million subscribers.
21. Omeleto, a whole channel of high quality 20-30 minute films starring actors like Maisie Williams and Nick Offerman
23. Best Dressed, if you were ever curious about what a really smart but relatable 21-year-old's life is like
24. Primitive Technology, a channel that might actually make you romanticize the survivalist lifestyle??
This list is obviously a very small slice of the k-hole that is YouTube.
Leave some of your own recommendations in the comments below!
Note: submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.