1. On the iPad: Make typing more comfortable by switching your keyboard to thumb mode.
Simply swipe two fingers across the keyboard. This displays a different keyboard, which allows you to type with your thumbs the same way you type on your iPhone.
***Alternatively, you can press the “dock and merge” button in the bottom righthand corner of the keyboard and drag up. The keyboard will turn into thumb mode, and you can also drag it wherever you want.
3. Make use of offline Google Maps when traveling abroad.
While you’ve still got internet access, go to the area you want to save. In the search bar, type “ok maps” and the map will be cached for offline use.
This is also super useful for iPads that are only Wi-Fi enabled.
5. Turn on Guided Access while a child is playing with your phone or iPad.
Guided Access, once turned on, keeps users from errantly clicking or tapping within an app and ending up someplace they’re not supposed to be, or deleting something accidentally.
First, you need to go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access and turn it on. You’ll also want to turn on the Accessibility Shortcut.
Triple-click the home button in whichever app you want to turn it on for. From here, you can select any buttons that you don’t want clicked. Or you can also disable the home button while keeping the touchscreen on.
7. Quickly get to the Camera app without having to unlock your phone.
Swipe up on the little camera icon in the bottom right corner of your home screen. The Camera app will open, bypassing the unlock screen.
This is especially handy when something incredibly photo-worthy is happening and you need to access your camera ASAP. It’s also great when handing your phone to others for taking photos — they won’t need to enter in your password.
9. There’s a built-in level gauge in the Compass app.
Open up the Compass app and swipe to the left and you’ll be at the level screen. If you need to hang a picture in a pinch, this little hack could come in real handy.
12. On the iPad: Did you know that a) you can add more apps to the home row and b) you can add folders to it?
A lot of people don’t even know how malleable that bottom dock is. You can fit a couple extra apps in there (the default is four, but it fits six) or swap apps in and out. Just click any app and hold until you get the jiggly icons.
And you can move folders into the dock as well. Your most important apps are always just two clicks or fewer away.
13. When ending a sentence, instead of typing a period and then a space, just tap the space bar twice.
Tapping the space bar twice adds a full stop, a space, and capitalizes the next letter. It may not seem like much, but when you’re composing a lengthy message, this little hack will really improve the speed of your typing once it becomes second nature.
14. With the remote of your earbuds, you can go to the next track or the previous track while listening to music or podcasts.
This should work with any Apple-compatible earbuds with a remote.
15. Use this little trick when you want to go back and forth between the alpha and numeric keyboard.
Like, maybe you want to type a password that is a mix of letters and numbers. Click the “123” button and slide up to the character you want to input. When you let go, the screen will jump back to the alphabet keyboard.
17. In Safari, hold down the period key to quickly add a domain in the search bar.
Now don’t you feel like you know your portable device so much better now?
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called "global gag rule," barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- The new Trump Hotel in Washington, DC, has lost more than $1 million and is in violation of Donald Trump's lease with the government, say Democratic lawmakers.
- In the first major lawsuit of his presidency, Donald Trump has been sued by top legal scholars over alleged conflicts of interest with his foreign business entanglements.
- Samsung finally explained why its Galaxy Note 7 phones kept catching fire, blaming a combo of faulty batteries and improper welding📱🔥