So tights. They're basically the worst.
Especially when you want to just eat...
And be as merry and bloated as you want to be.
So here are some helpful tips to finding a comfy pair of tights you actually want to wear:
1. Size up not just one but two sizes (or try a plus size).
2. Try the maternity tights.
3. Cut the waistband off of your tights and wear your panties OVER them.
4. On the more inexpensive side, Lands' End and Express both make affordable tights without binding waistbands.
Just be sure to size up one or two sizes.
Read this convincing testimonial about Express tights and how comfortable and long-lasting they are.
5. On the more expensive side, Commando and Falke make extremely comfortable tights.
Commandos come with very wide waistbands that are patented to be dig-free. Two things, though: the waistband is very high-waisted so it is likely to roll, and this is one brand you don't want to size up in. They run true to size and can get saggy in the waist and start falling down. (If you don't want to pay up, Australian store Berlei makes a knock-off for $19.99.)
The waistbands on Falke tights don't dig or roll down, if that's worth the hefty $42 price tag to you.