36 Clever DIY Ways To Decorate Your Classroom
The classroom of your dreams is easy to achieve with a little DIY magic.
1. Mod podge wrapping paper to the front of your filing cabinets.
Make the edging look totally pro with washi tape.
2. Mount board games on the wall and eliminate bulky boxes.
3. Turn a ladder into an easel.
4. Make some simple sit-upons for your reading circle.
5. If making sit-upons seems too time consuming, lay down colored placemats or bath rugs.
6. Employ a theme, like this clever Hollywood classroom motif.
7. Simple white circle stickers turns a boring bookcase into something out of a Dr. Seuss book.
8. Create a pencil system with decorated buckets.
9. Spell out "NOISE" with foam letters.
10. Use vinyl transfers to make semi-permanent decals for words you don't want to have to rewrite everyday.
11. Make some easy Truffula flower pom-poms as ceiling decorations.
12. Or turn them into a pom-pom tree for a woodland-themed reading area.
13. Make a cute bunting out of burlap.
14. Use ribbon as a bulletin board border.
15. Use contact paper to jazz up a bookshelf.
16. Use fast food boxes to make a giant keyboard for the tech lab.
17. Paint a wall border with chalkboard paint.
18. Punch stars out of a window blind to create a starry atmosphere for naptime.
19. Tie ribbons to a curtain rod to brighten up a classroom.
It also looks great in a doorway.
20. Stencil a simple, inspirational message above the door.
21. Cut out letters out of fabric and iron them on for a temporary wall decoration.
Use Heat-n-Bond and it peels right off! Get the full directions here.