38 Clever Christmas Hacks That Will Make Your Life Easier
Take your holiday season from CRISIS to CHRISTMAS with these easy tips and tricks.
1. Use shiny green tinsel to make your Christmas tree look fuller.
Be sure to layer the tinsel on the inner branches to fill out the tree.
2. Use plastic cups to neatly store your ornaments.
3. Use egg cartons to store your smaller ornaments.
4. Wrap Christmas lights around a hanger to keep them from getting tangled.
5. Making gingerbread cookies? Turn them into ornaments that will last for years with three coats of varnish.
They won't rot! Get the recipe for gingerbread cookie ornaments here.
Or poke holes in them and string them as a garland.
6. With just a little tape, you've got an easy Christmas manicure.
7. Old Saran wrap or aluminum foil containers make great boxes for gifting cookies.
8. Freeze whipped cream on a cookie sheet and use a cookie cutter to make hot chocolate hearts.
9. Store your ice cream in a plastic bag to keep it soft and ready to serve.
10. Christmas candy sleighs make cheap and easy gifts for kids and teachers.
11. Reuse your leftover Halloween pumpkins to make snowmen.
12. Turn an old bulletin board into a pin-the-nose-on-the-reindeer game for the kids' table.
13. Master the Christmas tree napkin fold and you won't need to buy any special holiday napkins or napkin rings.
14. Cut off the fingers of gloves to make an adorable finger puppet kit.
15. Jars of candy cane Play-Doh makes an insanely easy gift for children.
16. Pretzel rings, Fruit Roll-Ups, and frosting are an easy way to make delicious snowman cookies.
17. Make adorable "elf" donuts out of Cheerios.
18. Keep the kids busy with three-ingredient snow slime.
You need Elmer's glue, borax, and iridescent glitter. Get the recipe here.