8. Stovetop popcorn (like Jiffy Pop) can be made over a campfire.
They’re so easy to transport, and kids will be amazed when the foil begins to expand. Just be careful, as the handle will become very hot.
You can also make your own out of popcorn kernels and aluminum foil. Directions here.
10. Make eggs and bacon in a paper bag.
It’s an easy way to make multiple breakfasts at once. Get the recipe/directions here.
16. Fill a gallon milk jug with water and 1/4 cup salt to use as a salt block for your cooler.
The jugs mean that you won’t get water all over your food when the ice melts. The salt will make the cold last longer — however, it also means that the water in the jugs won’t double as emergency drinking water.
Read more about it here.
28. Corn chips (like Fritos or Doritos) make a great substitute kindling when starting a fire.
35. Safely remove a tick with a cotton ball soaked in liquid hand soap.
Keep it on the tick for at least 20 seconds. The tick will cease biting, back out, and will remain stuck to the cotton ball when it’s pulled away. If the tick has been embedded for awhile, keep it in a jar so you can test it for Lyme disease.
Note that there is debate on whether this actually works. Here’s a testimonial that says it does, but there’s no scientific evidence to back it up, so try at your own risk and keep a pair of tweezers in your first aid kit.
38. Johnson’s Baby Creamy Oil doubles as a super effective mosquito repellent.
And you won’t smell like bug repellent.
Click here for 41 more ingenious camping hacks!
- Jared Kushner, President Trump's son-in-law and adviser, has volunteered to testify in the Senate about his multiple meetings with the Russian ambassador.
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions threatened to cut off funding to so-called sanctuary cities that don't deport undocumented immigrants with criminal records.
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only two days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- After blocking three girls from boarding a plane for wearing leggings, United Airlines is getting mocked by everyone from Chrissy Teigen to Delta ✈️ 👀