8. Stovetop popcorn (like Jiffy Pop) can be made over a campfire.
They’re so easy to transport, and kids will be amazed when the foil begins to expand. Just be careful, as the handle will become very hot.
You can also make your own out of popcorn kernels and aluminum foil. Directions here.
10. Make eggs and bacon in a paper bag.
It’s an easy way to make multiple breakfasts at once. Get the recipe/directions here.
16. Fill a gallon milk jug with water and 1/4 cup salt to use as a salt block for your cooler.
The jugs mean that you won’t get water all over your food when the ice melts. The salt will make the cold last longer — however, it also means that the water in the jugs won’t double as emergency drinking water.
Read more about it here.
28. Corn chips (like Fritos or Doritos) make a great substitute kindling when starting a fire.
35. Safely remove a tick with a cotton ball soaked in liquid hand soap.
Keep it on the tick for at least 20 seconds. The tick will cease biting, back out, and will remain stuck to the cotton ball when it’s pulled away. If the tick has been embedded for awhile, keep it in a jar so you can test it for Lyme disease.
Note that there is debate on whether this actually works. Here’s a testimonial that says it does, but there’s no scientific evidence to back it up, so try at your own risk and keep a pair of tweezers in your first aid kit.
38. Johnson’s Baby Creamy Oil doubles as a super effective mosquito repellent.
And you won’t smell like bug repellent.
Click here for 41 more ingenious camping hacks!
- The State Department has been accused of promoting Trump's private businesses after its post about the history of Mar-a-Lago went viral.
- If no court steps in, Arkansas is poised to become the first state in more than 15 years to execute two people in one night.
- Markets are saying "Vive la France" after pro-EU centrist Emmanuel Macron gained the most votes in the 1st round of the French election.
- Thanks to Paul Ryan, Papa Roach's teen-angst smash "Last Resort" has become the internet's unofficial anthem for the owned 😬🎤