Now watch this video on how to clean the INSIDE of the toaster.
17. Snip off a slice of a Magic Eraser and drop it in the toilet.
Let it float overnight and it’ll remove any toilet ring. No scrubbing! No one wants to be touching toilet germs, not even with gloves on.
23. While cleaning the bathroom, fill the tub up with a couple of inches of the hottest water you can draw from the tap.
Heating up the bathroom 10 degrees above the normal air temperature “doubles the effectiveness” of alkaline cleansers. It’s a trick hotel staffers use. Let disinfectants sit for at least 5-7 minutes, and always rinse off cleaners to prevent build-up.
25. Use foil in your George Foreman grill or panini maker to prevent mess.
Electrical appliances are a pain to clean, and you can’t just dunk the whole thing in soapy water. Prevent disgusting drips and messes by either covering the insides of the grill with foil, or wrapping the item you want to grill in foil.
28. Know your uses for vinegar and natural cleaning agents.
If you’re paranoid about chemicals (many OCDers are), white vinegar is an ideal alternative. It kills 99% of bacterias, 82% of molds and more than 80% of viruses. You can use it with tea tree oil, hydrogen peroxide, or baking soda to increase its antibacterial effectiveness. However, hydrogen peroxide and vinegar should be applied separately, not mixed together. Also, don’t use vinegar in your microwave or oven — your kitchen will smell like vinegar for days when using those appliances. And never mix bleach with vinegar in hopes of amplifying the cleaning power — it creates a dangerous chemical reaction.
33. The ultimate organization tip: anything and everything should have a place.
This seems to be the #1 organization tip from OCDers: everything you own should have a place to be put away, and should always be put back to that place after use. Sounds simple, but it’s a practice that takes getting used to if you’re an inherently messy person.
- Apple has to repay up to €13 billion ($14.5 billion) in illegal tax benefits to Ireland, the European Commission has ruled.
- Some of Europe's most vulnerable children are seeking refuge in the UK only to disappear from care and possibly fall into the clutches of people-traffickers.