1. Use a regular old gel pen (like the kind from the office supply store) to draw intricate designs.
Apparently a black gel pen really works if you want precision. Reddit Laqueristas swear by the Muji .38 gel pen.
Warning: it takes some time to dry, so wait a good 30 minutes before adding the topcoat.
2. Make easy polka dots with the tip of a bobby pin.
3. Use this dot grid trick to paint straight lines.
4. Super thin nail tape will let you create stripes with ease.
5. Oh...and guess what? You can store your nail strip tape in an empty tape dispenser.
6. Turn any nail polish into GLITTER nail polish.
7. Get a turquoise and gold stone look using a plastic bag.
8. Use a toothpick and a cotton wad to create a super precise clean-up tool.
It's more precise than a brush.
9. Here's a great way to put that white nail polish to good use.
10. Add corn starch to clear nail polish to create a DIY matte topcoat.
11. If you love the French manicure, it might be worth investing in a French Tip Dip.
Pinner claims, "It took about a minute and a half to do both hands, very pleased." You can get one here for $14.95.