7. Prevent frost from building on your car windows.
Just fill a spray bottle with three parts vinegar to one part water and spray on your car windows at night. Vinegar contains acetic acid, which raises the melting point of water and prevents it from freezing. If your car is already frozen, it will melt the ice away.
16. Get a crock pot.
If you think crock pots are old-fashioned and outdated, you’d be surprised. You can cook soups, chilli, curries, or even use it as a rice cooker. During a season where you want to be eating all hot foods, a crock pot can be your go-to meal preparation device. And you’d be surprised how inexpensive they are: you can find a new one for under $30.
18. Warm up your eyeliner and mascara before applying.
It’s the key to a smooth application. So while you’re doing other stuff, like brushing your teeth or putting your contacts in, stick your eye makeup in the waistband of your pants. Your body heat will warm it up.
And here’s a million more ways to wear a scarf. A demonstration of the “warmest way to wear a scarf” is seen at 3:41, also called “the hidden knot.”
24. Put a hot rubber bottle at the foot of your bed 30 minutes before you slip under the sheets.
This is a cheap way to warm up your bed without having to use dangerous electric blankets. Just fill it up with super hot water from the tap and the insulated bottle will heat up the bed for hours and hours (until you wake up, most likely).
And as an added bonus, you won’t have to endure cold sheets.
- The 36 victims in the Oakland warehouse fire were trapped with "no way out" in America's deadliest blaze in over a decade.
- Donald Trump has picked former WWE CEO Linda McMahon to lead the Small Business Administration.
- Tennessee authorities have charged two minors with starting the massive wildfires that killed 14 people last month.
- This dad had the most adorable freak out to his family when he met his first alpaca 😂