These are tips from Quora users on “small facts that might save your life one day.”
5. Look both ways when crossing the street, even if the “walk” sign is lit.
If you’ve ever driven in a high-pedestrian traffic area like New York City, you know the level of concentration it takes…and you should also assume that most drivers are operating at an even lower level.
16. Know how to give CPR and mouth to mouth resuscitation properly.
If someone’s heart stops, they are much more likely to survive if given CPR correctly. But recent studies also show that untrained bystanders giving mouth-to-mouth does not improve survival rates. So skip the mouth-to-mouth for rapid, chest-only compressions, which can be more easily administered by people who are not professionals.
18. Have a plan for when your car brakes fail.
Start with pumping your brakes to alert the person behind you, use your parking brake, and shift your car into a lower gear. Watch the video for complete details.
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳