1. She made you a Halloween costume every year.
2. She put notes in your lunchbox.
- Verizon and unions representing 39,000 workers have reached an agreement that should end the largest U.S. strike in since 2011.
- Twenty-three athletes who competed in the 2012 Olympic Games in London have failed retrospective doping tests, officials say.
- Barack Obama became the first sitting U.S. president to visit the site of the atomic bombing in Hiroshima, Japan. The "memory of August 6, 1945 must never fade."