1. In February 2014, the Doctor Who team filmed at Mermaid Quay in Cardiff.
A fan caught this discussion between Peter Capaldi and a young fan on video, and put it on YouTube.
6. As if that wasn’t enough to make you well up, the little girl’s auntie went online to explain the situation…
“Hiya, the little girl in the dalek outfit is my niece, she’s autistic and was finding it difficult coming to terms with the regeneration as Matts doctor is her imaginary friend, she was worried PCap wouldn’t want to play with her. We are very ecstatic that he took time to reassure her. He’s brilliant!”
7. Oh, Peter Capaldi, you wonderful, wonderful man…
More info on the whole story can be found on the family’s blog. Doctor Who returns in Autumn 2014.
- The White House defended rolling back Obama-era transgender protections, with Sean Spicer repeatedly insisting it's a "states' rights issue."
- Recreational marijuana needs "greater enforcement" of federal law, said Spicer, pitting the White House against eight states that legalized its use.
- A researcher with Human Rights Watch was denied entry into Israel earlier this week with the country's government calling the human rights organization "propaganda."
- Beyoncé has pulled out of performing at Coachella, citing doctors' advice about keeping a less rigorous schedule while pregnant 🐝😭