1. Never, under any circumstances, utter the word "lazy."
2. Always at least pretend to be supportive of your significant other's plan for the future.
3. It's important to let the other person know what they mean to you.
4. You learn to love that person's scent.
5. Be honest from the beginning if you're not a fan of something.
6. It's alright to be that couple that tries a lot of new things together.
7. Sometimes your best move is to let the other person vent and get everything out.
8. Asking your parents for advice is perfectly fine.
9. You will learn to know exactly what your significant other orders.
10. You've lucked out if you are with someone who is popular with everyone.
11. Don't compare yourself to other couples.
12. Don't cheat.
13. Honesty will resolve conflicts a lot faster than dancing around the truth.
14. ...unless they are being ridiculous or unrealistic.
15. Trust is a must.
16. It's a good idea to make plans for the future.
17. Before you know it, the two of you will be able to communicate with just a look.
18. Be 100% sure you want to move in with that other person.
19. If you're not feeling it, don't cave and get a pet "just because."
20. If they get you an article of clothing...
21. Finally, always have their back. Even if they're wrong.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!