The 13 Worst Christmas Trees In Britain
Everyone's rocking around the (rubbish) Christmas tree. Some of these via the Dull News in Local Newspapers blog.
1. This year, the bar for bad Christmas trees was set spectacularly high with this one in Haddenham, Cambridgeshire.
2. But things weren't much better in Streatham.
3. This health-and-safety-conscious tree in north Oxford was hard to love.
4. The people of Oakham, Rutland, were not pleased about this tree, the subject of the Give Oakham the Christmas Tree It Deserves Facebook group.
5. Almost 1,000 people joined a Facebook group, The Embarrassment Of Mottram Christmas Tree, in honour of this beauty in Mottram, Greater Manchester.
6. This "tree" in Mier, Stoke-on-Trent, is a load of rubbish – specifically, plastic bags collected by local schoolchildren.
7. A whole Facebook group was set up in protest at this festive scene in Liscard, on the Wirral.
It now has some fancy lights but the festive health-and-safety fence remains.