1. Casa Morita, Brixton Market (aka Market Row)
2. Fish, Wings and Tings, Brixton Village (aka Granville Arcade)
3. Seven at Brixton, Brixton Market
4. Negril, 132 Brixton Hill
5. Lido Cafe, Brockwell Park
6. El Rancho De Lalo, Brixton Village
In amongst all the trendy "dude food" Brixton has to offer is this traditional South American family restaurant serving homely, great-value food. At weekends the queue includes Colombian and Latin America families who know it's worth the effort for the empanadas, the soup-and-main-course set-menu deal, and the guarantee of a comforting meal.
As with many places in Brixton Village and the market, it's cash only.
7. Carioca, Brixton Market
8. The Prince Regent, 69 Dulwich Road
Opposite Brockwell Park, this pub has a beautiful interior and a good selection of wines, real ales, and lagers. If you're after something a bit fancier at good prices, this could be the place.
There's a big, satisfying burger that comes with good quality skin-on chips (which can be hard to find), steaks, and veggies dishes – as well as an ever-rotating list of seasonal specials.