1. Meet Ffion, Maddison, and Paige, identical 1-year-old triplets. The girls are setting new records for levels of extreme cute in Wales.
2. The girls were delivered two months early via emergency caesarian section and weighed between 3 pounds, 4 ounces and 3 pounds, 8 ounces.
3. One year on, the girls’ parents, Karen and Ian Gilbert, from Pontypool, South Wales, paint their toenails different colours to tell them apart.
Each girl’s colour matches the first letter of their name. Ffion has fuschia, Maddison has mint green, and Paige has purple.
Mum Karen said, “It’s not a fashion statement; we really struggle to tell them apart.”
5. But at least the girls can help recoup some of that nappy money with appearances on TV shows, including Casualty.
6. The local branch of Morrisson’s even offered to make a three-seater shopping trolley.
“Going out is a military operation, which we call ‘Operation Triplets’. We can’t just think, Oh, shall we go out?” said Karen.
“We need at least 24 hours notice. It’s like packing to go on holiday every time we leave the house. We have a triple pushchair and we’ve had to get a bigger car, a seven-seater Ford Galaxy.”
7. They seem to be having a jolly time together.
8. But we have one question about the nail polish thing. If you’re struggling to tell them apart…
9. Why not just dress them in different clothes??
Nevertheless, girls, YOU ARE TOO ADORABLE.