1. This Bugatti Veyron costs anything up to £1 million – which probably explains why its owner isn’t too bothered by the penalty notice he got for parking on double yellow lines.
The Bugatti (and the Rolls-Royce behind it) was parked outside Harrods this week as part of an influx of posh motors imported from Arab countries.
Every year after Ramadan, wealthy families from the Middle East come to London to indulge in some shopping, eating, and socialising in and around London’s Knightsbridge district. It’s known by some as “The Season”, and has become a tradition among millionaires from Qatar, the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and elsewhere.
3. The supercar owners appear to hunt in packs.
4. This Lamborghini isn’t very practical for doing the school run or a big shop.
5. For when a 4x4 isn’t enough, you need a 6x6 like this Mercedes G63 AMG, which will set you back about £400,000.
6. This £280,000 Ferrari 458 Italia has a V8 engine and a spider motif.
7. This Rolls-Royce and Lamborghini Aventador are worth hundreds of thousands of pounds.
10. Or how about a Rolls-Royce?
11. This Mercedes AMG G36 is at the cheaper end of the scale at about $136,000.
12. This vivid green Mercedes just fits right in.
13. This Maserati GranTurismo has a very distinctive number plate.
14. If the wing mirrors on this car could talk they would say “I’m so sexy”.
Oh btw, it’s a Pagani Huayra, costing over £1 million.
15. This Bugatti Veyron is just ridiculous.
17. Not everyone is a fan of the cars, however. Management consultant Panda Morgan-Thomas tells The Sun:
“I am not angry. I am just exhausted. After a relatively calm three years, the last few days have seen the return of supercars to Knightsbridge.
“They are again racing down Sloane Street from late afternoon until three or four in the morning.
“We honestly thought we had made progress but it seems as though local residents are in for another sleepless August.”
18. But some people love the cars and think the complaints against their drivers are nonsense.
Paul Wallace, who runs the Supercars of London YouTube channel, has been posting videos of the cars in action. He says in this video:
“The media has really picked up on the residents’ arguments that these guys are making too much noise, revving their enginges and racing around the streets of London, which I can assure you is not the case.”