1. Near the fountain in Place Saint-Michel on August 19, 1944, asphalt is pulled from the street in the first battles of the uprising.
2. Ths barricade in Place Saint-Michel was where the Gibert Jeune book shop is today.
3. A barricade on Rue de la Huchette, 19 August, 1944.
6. Place Saint-Michel, as battle rages in the Latin Quarter on August 23, 1944.
7. Notre Dame on 25 August, 1944.
9. General Leclerc and US forces celebrate victory at Notre Dame, 25 August 1944.
10. German soliders being transported on US vehicles are jeered by the crowd as they pass the Eiffel Tower.
11. American soliders on Place du Châtelet, 25 August, 1944.
12. German soldiers on Rue Castiglione, August 25.
14. German prisoners outside the Louvre.
15. Place de l'Opéra, 25 August, 1944.
16. A US Jeep outside the Place de l'Opéra.
17. The Préfecture de police de Paris on the Boulevard du Paris.
18. Rue de Rivoli, August 25, 1944.
19. A tank from the 2nd Armoured Division of General Leclerc rolls down Boulevard Saint-Michel, near the Sorbonne.
20. General de Gaulle leading a parade along the Champs Elysées, August 26, 1944.
21. Champs Elysées during the parade, 26 August, 1944.
22. Shots rang out on Place de la Concorde, as the victory parade took place nearby on August 26, 1944.
23. French soliders outside the Hôtel de Ville.
24. Robert Doisneau's famous Love and Barbed Wire picture at the Jardin des Tuileries.
You can see all 50 of Julien's excellent photos at golem13.fr.