Skip To Content
  • Blimey badge

90 Cows Exploded A Barn In Germany With Their Farts

Only one cow was injured in the fiery, smelly inferno.

Farting can be bad for your health if you're a cow. A barn containing 90 dairy cows in Rasdorf, Germany, exploded yesterday due to the build up of methane gas, according to Reuters and local media, quoting police reports.

Shutterstock.com / Flickr: wwarby

"A static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames," police said. The roof was damaged and one cow was treated for burns, which seems like a lucky escape for the other 89.

It is thought that a static charge from a cow massage machine was to blame.

The cows could not be reached for comment.

BuzzFeed Daily

Keep up with the latest daily buzz with the BuzzFeed Daily newsletter!

Newsletter signup form