1. The Weather Channel, which was recently replaced on DirecTV’s lineup with WeatherNation, had this to say about its smaller competitor in a recent tweet.
2. The comment caught the attention of several meteorologists and watchers who were stunned by the attack.
8. The Weather Channel later deleted the tweet and issued an apology for the “bad pun.”
11. The Weather Channel told BuzzFeed on Thursday the social media editor who sent the tweet was removed from the account and gave the following statement.
We respect all meteorologists, including the professionals at Weather Nation. Due to the huge response we’ve seen in social media since we came off DirecTV, we’ve brought on additional resources, including outside agencies. That tweet does not represent our views at The Weather Chanel and we have taken action so that it does not happen again. Our issue is with DirectTV not WeatherNation.
- Criticized previously for not forcefully speaking out, Donald Trump condemned anti-Semitism after bomb threats were reported at 11 Jewish centers.
- President Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- West Elm pulled the Peggy Couch from its site after years of scathing customer reviews and complaints of buttons popping off 🙈