1. The explosions began shortly before 11 p.m. ET and were felt and heard by residents from miles away.
5. Video showed a series of fiery blasts continuing long after the initial explosion.
6. The plant was said to hold 53,000 20-pound propane cylinders on Monday, many of which were seen in flames on live TV.
Photo: Propane tanks seen ablaze at Florida plant after explosion (WESH)
Update: 5 people have been airlifted; 1 transported by ground because of injuries, according to @WESH
Lake County Sheriff’s Office (@LCSOAlerts) tells #CNN there is a one-mile evacuation zone around the explosions in #Tavares, FL.
10. Fire officials eventually got a handle on the blaze by early Tuesday morning, but nearby residents were shaken up.
Residents described sounds similar to a shotgun or fireworks and saw bursts of light and a bright orange glow above the treetops, they said. Some reported a “giant fireball” in the sky.
The sight of flames was reported more than five miles away. The vibrations could be felt as far away as Mount Dora.
- Authorities are removing Dakota Access pipeline protesters blocking roads and camped on private property.
- Apple just unveiled lighter, thinner MacBooks with touch-sensitive panels for instant emoji access (and other uses) 💻✨
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀