1. Rouhani made the comments in an interview with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour during a visit to New York where he spoke to the United Nations General Assembly.
“I am not a historian, and when it comes to speaking of the dimensions of the Holocaust it is the historians that should reflect,” Rouhani said.
“But in general I can tell you that any crime that happens in history against humanity, including the crime the Nazis created towards the Jews, is reprehensible and condemnable,” he said, according to CNN’s translation.
President @HassanRouhani tells me he accepts the Holocaust - was a great crime against Jews by the Nazis. Condemns that and all genocides.
- President Trump will sign an executive order on Tuesday stopping the EPA's plan to limit power plants burning coal.
- Top Democrats are demanding House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes remove himself from the investigation into Russian interference in the election.
- The mayor of London has urged politicians in the European Union not to "punish" Britain for the decision to leave the European Union, stating a "bad Brexit" would hurt the EU too.
- Samsung announced plans to refurbish and sell some of the 4.3 million explosive Galaxy Note7 phones it recalled last year📱🔥