1. Security footage showed a dark sedan turning a corner and accelerating onto the boardwalk, mowing down the unsuspecting crowd.
2. Another camera appears to show the speeding car swerve into pedestrians as they dive out of the way.
3. Snapchat, which is located on the Venice Beach boardwalk, captured these images of the car swerving into people.
Hit and run on Venice boardwalk.
Looking for this dark blue Dodge.
5. Terrified witnesses gathered after the incident as police and firefighters attended to the injured.
6. Video captured in the aftermath showed a chaotic scene, with injured people on the ground.
Authorities said late Saturday that a person of interest was being questioned in connection with the hit-and-run and that the Dodge Avenger had been found in nearby Santa Monica. A motive for the incident was still undetermined.
One woman was killed and 11 others injured.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Trump has picked Andy Puzder, CEO of Hardee's and Carl Jr.'s and an outspoken critic of raising the minimum wage, for labor secretary
- Black Lives Matter — the protest movement born out of a desire to stem police brutality — has taken root across the globe.
- Mick Jagger is a new dad at age 73 and people have some things to say 👀