1. The text message was widely reported across the state in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, and Sacramento.
2. The alert was so loud, it caught many people off guard.
That amber alert got sent to my phone and it scared the crap out of me omg that noise
The Amber Alert text is a great way to get the info out there, but who else can’t go to sleep right now cause of the noise it made?
4. Officials even admitted it was a bit scary.
CHP Southern Div.
That Amber Alert tone you received on your cell phone might have scared some of you but we need all eyes out for this http://t.co/w9hfIq7Y2p
5. The message was delivered to all devices capable of receiving the alerts in the state of California.
6. Almost instantly, it became a top trending term worldwide on Twitter.
Wow #AmberAlert got onto the “Worldwide Trends” list. Talk about California sway.
7. Officials issued the alert for two children kidnapped in eastern San Diego County after the body of their mother and another child were found in the burning rubble of their home on Sunday.
Hannah, age 16, and Ethan Anderson, age 8.
9. DiMaggio may have cut his beard and now look like this.
CBS 8 San Diego News
#BREAKING: New photo of suspect James DiMaggio without facial hair. #AmberAlert http://t.co/BhVcIWmtFa
Anyone with information is asked to call 911 or the San Diego County Sheriff at (858) 565-5200. More information from the CHP can be found here.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food, to faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Trump's presidency.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JP Morgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Former Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue will be nominated as Trump's secretary of agriculture, the final cabinet position to be selected.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? This Chinese selfie app is why. Say cheese 📸