1. Apple’s flagship Fifth Avenue store in New York is encased in a beautiful 32-foot-tall glass cube near Central Park.
2. On Tuesday, as a powerful snowstorm pounded the city, one of the massive glass panels shattered.
3. Several photos of the broken glass were posted on Instagram.
4. An Apple representative told BuzzFeed the glass apparently shattered when a snowblower hit the structure during the afternoon.
5. Fixing the glass won’t be cheap. According to 9to5Mac, each panel may cost as much as $445,000.
6. Despite the shattered cube, the representative said the store will remain open.
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳