1. Apple’s flagship Fifth Avenue store in New York is encased in a beautiful 32-foot-tall glass cube near Central Park.
2. On Tuesday, as a powerful snowstorm pounded the city, one of the massive glass panels shattered.
3. Several photos of the broken glass were posted on Instagram.
4. An Apple representative told BuzzFeed the glass apparently shattered when a snowblower hit the structure during the afternoon.
5. Fixing the glass won’t be cheap. According to 9to5Mac, each panel may cost as much as $445,000.
6. Despite the shattered cube, the representative said the store will remain open.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.