1. Apple’s flagship Fifth Avenue store in New York is encased in a beautiful 32-foot-tall glass cube near Central Park.
2. On Tuesday, as a powerful snowstorm pounded the city, one of the massive glass panels shattered.
3. Several photos of the broken glass were posted on Instagram.
4. An Apple representative told BuzzFeed the glass apparently shattered when a snowblower hit the structure during the afternoon.
5. Fixing the glass won’t be cheap. According to 9to5Mac, each panel may cost as much as $445,000.
6. Despite the shattered cube, the representative said the store will remain open.
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it — and it could get worse ❌📰