1. Take in the striking, strange, and swampy beauty of Lake Martin.
Where: Breaux Bridge, Louisiana.
What: Lake Martin offers two-hour boat tours, complete with almost-guaranteed alligator sightings and gorgeous views of stunning flora and fauna. It's totally acceptable (and encouraged) just to walk around on your own though.
Why: Because you're in the market for a new desktop background that you can finally say you photographed yourself.
2. Ride the waves in the Outer Banks.
3. Two Words: NATURAL WATERSLIDE.
Where: Sliding Rock, Pisgah National Forest, North Carolina.
What: A natural waterslide. We aren't going to say anything else.
Why: A. Natural. Waterslide. ANATURALWATERSLIDE. A natural waterslide. Goodbye.
4. Gaze upon the magical ponies of Chincoteague Island.
5. Take a 3 a.m. hike to McAfee Knob, feel spooky, and then watch the sunrise.
6. Bow down to the sunset on Hawksbill Mountain.
7. Paddle with alligators in Okefenokee.
Where: The Georgia–Florida border.
What: A shallow, peat-filled, alligator-infested swamp filled with water that legit looks like a witch's potion.
Why: Because you enjoy feeling as if a swamp witch were about to keep you prisoner in her swamp hut.
8. Freak out as you realize trees are amazing in Joyce Kilmer.
Where: Graham County, North Carolina.
What: Named after the famed poet with an affinity for nature, Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest will most likely inspire poetry in you too.
Why: It's hardly ever crowded, and it's the perfect spot for turning your phone off and thinking about untouched, unrefined nature.
9. Kayak in the crystal mountain water of Lake Jocassee.
10. The Cumberland Falls
11. Brace yourself for some whitewater rafting on the Ocoee River.
12. Have an epic bike ride along the Natchez Trace Parkway.
Where: Natchez, Mississippi.
What: A historic 444-mile route with brilliant scenery (from rolling meadows to swamp-like terrain), once used by Native Americans.
Why: The entire parkway has been designated as a bike route. Cyclists: This is heaven.
13. Soak up the stars on Driftwood Beach.
So, what are you waiting for? Pack your bags.
And follow the cast of Party Down South on each and every adventure, for better or for worse, on the super-Southern new season.