So, on March 17 and 18, Oxygen will be launching a two-night series on the tragic story of Aaron Hernandez, who was convicted of murder and took his own life in prison. Oxygen just released a trailer that made us feel a lot of things.
1. It will feature never-before-seen interviews, vivid eyewitness accounts, testimony never presented in trial, startling new medical revelations, and a secret that tormented him — a secret that some may have gone to extremes to keep.
2. We'll hear from insiders.
3. It seems like it's going to be pretty intense.
4. We'll watch interviews with Shayanna Hernandez, the woman he was going to marry...
5. ...and the mother of his only child.
6. This series will be asking, "Why would Aaron risk it all?"
7. To answer that, the show will explore all of Aaron's life.
8. We'll hear directly from the people who knew Aaron best....
9. ...former Patriot's players, like Christian Fauria...
10. ...and law enforcement.
11. We'll see clips of the murder trial that sealed Aaron’s fate.
12. Jose Baez, one of the country's top defense attorneys, will share with us his part of the story.
13. The series will touch on Aaron's shocking death.
14. Just when things are looking hopeful for Aaron, his darkest secret is revealed and his shocking suicide leaves us to wonder why.
15. Medical experts will also weigh in on Aaron's case of CTE.
16. Overall, this gripping, two-part investigative series will strip away the layers to answer the many questions left behind after Aaron's tragic death.
If you've been following this case or are completely new to it, this is a television event that shouldn't be missed. Tune in to Oxygen, the new destination for high-quality crime programming, for part 1 on Saturday, March 17, at 7 p.m. ET/PT and part 2 Sunday, March 18 at 7 p.m. ET/PT.
All images provided by Oxygen.