1. The “Tennis Court” music video was originally supposed to be entirely different.
Lorde planned to use only snippets from this all-black shoot, but then she thought this version for the entire video was “a million times more compelling.”
5. She doesn’t regret entering the music industry so young.
Lorde, who was 16 when her hit “Royals” was released, seems pretty confident that being so young has helped, not hindered, her. She wrote she “can sit down with basically the most intimidating people in the industry and not flinch.”
6. Her favorite movies are Fight Club, Take Shelter, and the original Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.
And her favorite books are “What We Talk About When We Talk About Love,” by Raymond Carver, “The Night in Question,” by Tobias Wolff, “Everything Ravaged, Everything Burned,” by Wells Tower, and “Battleborn,” by Claire Vaye Watkins.
7. She loves this cover of “Royals.”
Read the entire AMA here.
- It's Day 2 of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. Here's what you need to know.