1. Her music video for “Lovers in the Parking Lot” was released today.
That dancing! Those colors!
3. In fact, her entire discography is pretty enjoyable.
Listen to it on Spotify here.
5. She launched her own record label this year called Saint Records.
Solange writes on her blog, “Through Saint Records I will have 100% creative/artistic control & continue to passionately pursue my footing in this musical movement.” Visit the record label’s website here.
6. She also made a pretty amazing music video for “Losing You.”
8. She starred in “Bring It On: All Or Nothing.”
10. She’s an avid songwriter.
In addition to her own songs, Solange has co-written songs for Beyoncé, including “Upgrade U.”
11. She collaborated with The Lonely Island on the song “Semicolon.”
12. Even “The New York Times” comprehends her awesomeness.
The newspaper featured Solange in April 2012. “There’s always going to be a bit of mystery as to how two people who grew up in the same household have different interests,” she said about her sister in the article. “I’m younger than her, and even in five years, there’s a total gap in how you’re exposed to musical things and fashion and art.”
- President Trump accused Barack Obama of organizing recent protests against him and leaking information from the White House to the press.
- Education Secretary Betsy DeVos compared historically black colleges and universities to charter schools, spurring criticism of "whitewashing history."
- A second wave of bomb threats sent to Jewish community centers brought the number of locations threatened on Monday to 30.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers fessed up to the Oscars oops that caused "La La Land" to be named best picture instead of "Moonlight."