Reinhardt's Smoked Sausage Tots
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons flour
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
20 miniature smoked sausages
Oil for frying
½ cup ketchup
1½ tablespoons mayonnaise
1½ teaspoons curry powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon honey
1. Place peeled and halved potatoes in a large saucepan. Add cold water until just covered, and season with salt.
2. Bring the water to a boil and cook until potatoes are fork tender.
3. Remove potatoes to a colander and run under cold water to cool.
4. Pour out onto a dish towel and dry potatoes thoroughly.
5. Using a cheese grater, shred the potatoes into a large bowl.
6. Add Parmesan, flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the shredded potatoes. Mix together. Add the whisked egg and stir to coat the potatoes.
7. Cut a miniature smoked sausage in half and form about 2 tablespoons of the mixture around it to form tots. Freeze formed tots for 15 minutes.
8. In a large saucepan, heat oil to 175˚C/350°F. Fry the tots, in batches, until browned on all sides. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
9. In a small bowl, combine all of the curried ketchup ingredients and thoroughly blend together.
10. Serve tots with the curried ketchup.