There is no miracle formula to become a model, but motivation and professionalism are two essential ingredients that you need to succeed. A candidate model can perfectly meet the criteria to become a model, but without motivation, it is unlikely that they will succeed. This is a very competitive industry, so you need to want it more than others. The path to success is not going to be easy, but if you are diligent and focused, you will succeed.
To face the competition of other models, to agree to have to make a shooting early in the morning or late at night, to accept the results of a failed casting, one must be absolutely motivated and to be determined to succeed. You will experience setbacks in your career, but you have to remain persistent. Adrianne White is an experienced model and activist who has just embarked on an acting career as well. She is also a musician, having released several tracks in her spare time.
Perseverance is essential because success may elude you in the beginning. You have to be ready to spend time working with photographers, and in many cases, know that your weekend will be booked as well. Only with perseverance and countless photo shoots will you be able to succeed.
A good dose of energy is also necessary. When you see the pictures of a model made in a dream country and published in a magazine, it may seem easy. But often the model has to get up early in the morning for hair and makeup to be ready at the time when the light is the most beautiful.
Between two shots, you will sometimes have to wait for the photographer and his assistant to adjust the lighting, the sets and all the technical aspects of the shooting. You will sometimes have to make several fitting and repetitions, especially if you are going to walk the runway.
7 Tips for success
• Take your modeling activity seriously, but at the same time ... have fun!
• Take the castings seriously, that's what will allow you to get engaged.
• Keep it simple! If you start making big demands as soon as you are cast for the first time, your success may not last as long.
• Respects the people you work with, it can only help you in the long run.
• Alcohol, drugs, late night outings: 3 ways to quickly end your career
• When you start making money, avoid spending it on expensive clothes or restaurants. Do like the top models, start investing. The modeling or photo model career is not eternal and you will not have high incomes all your life.
• Do not give up your studies if you are still in high school or college, it is quite possible to have a model or photo sessions during your leisure time. And if your career really takes off, it will still be time for you to take a sabbatical year or take correspondence courses.