1. This is what Miguel wore to the Punk Gala
The Met Gala is fashion’s biggest gathering. It’s an annual ball that celebrates the Metropolitan Museum’s fashion exhibit. It’s hosted by Vogue, and its editor Anna Wintour greets everyone personally at the red carpet. It’s the place to see and be seen. It’s probably the most important social event in New York. Tickets go for thousands of dollars and everyone-who-is-anyone attends. This year’s theme was Punk and celebrities dressed accordingly. So did Miguel, who appeared solo on the red carpet in his version of Punk clothing.
2. His opulent shoes are probably the best part of his Punk outfit
The shoes are not punk, they are Prada. The model name is “Wingtip Blucher” and costs $ 1400.00.
3. He has a collection of fancy pairs to wear at special occasions
It’s hard to decide what to wear when you have such a large selection. Miguel struggled to pick a pair before the Grammys earlier this year, as captured by this photograph taken before his red carpet appearance.
5. Look closer
Yup, these are the same Pradas he wore to the Met Gala. He must really love them to commit the biggest fashion crime at fashion’s biggest night! This is what fashionistas call a repeat offender and it is frowned upon among the glitterati.
6. Also, totally related is what Chris Brown wore at the Grammys this year
You got it, it’s the same Lanvin suit as Miguel. But Brown chose to complement the suit with a pair of Dries Van Noten shoes. Who knows who copied how. Or maybe it was just a coincidence. But one thing is certain, Miguel’s fashion track record does not look good.
- "Legit adults" pay their own bills, hold steady jobs, and don't live with their parents, according to a new poll provided to BuzzFeed News.
- As the number of terrorist convictions has increased in the UK, so has the concern that other inmates could too be lured into extremism.
- Selena Gomez said the backlash surrounding "13 Reasons Why" "is going to come no matter what" and noted that she's very proud of the series.