2. His success didn’t turn him into a jerk
He used to include his email in the dust jackets of his books and on his website in order to chat with fans about his novels. He only removed his email when his popularity got to the point where he wouldn’t be able to personally respond to every fan.
4. He proved you can channel your passions into success
Based on his love for comic books, he wrote the Pulitzer Prize-winning The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay. Dark Horse Comics would later give the comic book character in the novel its own series: The Amazing Adventures of the Escapist.
He also writes many screenplays for comic book adaptations including John Carter and Spider-Man 2. Check out a scene from his original script for Spider Man 2 here.
If you think Michael Chabon is as great as we do, get an introduction to his writings by checking out his short story collection, A Model World. Happy Birthday, Mr. Chabon!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The National Enquirer tabloid is growing by speaking to an audience ignored by mainstream media and backing Trump.
- An American soldier died in Iraq this weekend after a roadside bomb exploded during a security check, the Pentagon said.
- As the number of terrorist convictions has increased in the UK, so has the concern that other inmates could too be lured into extremism.
- Selena Gomez said the backlash surrounding "13 Reasons Why" "is going to come no matter what" and noted that she's very proud of the series.