1. One of the best things about The Mindy Project is that we've been with Mindy and Danny through it all. We've seen them in every stage of a relationship: people who hate each other...
..and an amazing couple that is straight up dating.
2. In fact, watching them become close friends (with a ~hint~ of something more) was simply the greatest.
3. As was watching Danny soften and transition from handsome jerk to lovable guy who says the best things to Mindy.
4. You feel fully invested in this relationship because the build up was so well done.
5. There were so many little moments that hinted where this thing was going, and you lived for them.
6. And the fact that other people thought they were a couple only cemented your belief that these two people needed to be together.
7. Actually, going back and watching old episodes is basically an exercise in you finding all of the adorable moments before they officially became a couple.
8. This is a relationship that has overcome some unforeseen circumstances.
9. And it's one that has already weathered some storms.
10. And yet you knew (or at least really hoped) that despite difficulties, these two would be ok BECAUSE THEY HAD TO BE, RIGHT? RIGHT?!
11. And can we talk about the episode that brought them together for real?
12. The way it all came together was just so them: hilarious and heartmelting.
This whole episode was like porn for rom-com fans...and for people who needed Danny and Mindy to reunite.
13. Because these two were hysterical as friends...
14. ...and they're still hysterical as a couple.
15. And the fact that they have such differing opinions on pretty much everything only makes them (and this entire show) more funny.
16. Because their texting is on point.
17. And because honesty is super important to them.
18. The way they look at each other is absolutely precious.
19. They are ~way~ open-minded.
20. And they are amazing at comforting each other in times of need.
21. Because The Mindy Project has shown us that when two main characters get together, things not only don't have to be awkward or weird, they get WAY BETTER.
22. In fact, this relationship has given us one fantastic thing after another, like Chris Messina stripping and causing everyone to melt in the process...
...and the throwback to classic moments in sitcom history.
23. Because there is no better kiss than this one.
What do you like more? The kiss or the butt grab? You know what. You can't choose.