1. You are amazing at reciting your birthday on command.
2. You get really good at spelling your first and last name quickly.
3. The smell of hand sanitizer is almost calming at this point.
4. Nurses are your best friends.
5. If your veins could talk, they would say they hate you.
6. You hate it when people complain about going for their yearly checkup.
7. You know your family history better than anyone else.
8. You make really awkward jokes with your doctor that most people would feel uncomfortable making.
9. Traveling plans involve researching hospitals in the area.
10. You've mastered the art of wasting time.
11. You have learned to be a self-advocate .
12. Hospital food is just crap.
13. Your medicine list is longer than some novels.
14. Lastly, every time you're at the hospital you realize how lucky you are because there is ALWAYS someone who is having a harder time than you.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!