32 Useful Products For Anyone With Damaged Hair
If your hair always feels like a witch's broom, well, it's time to make that a thing of the past.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. TonyMoly Haeyo Mayo Hair Nutrition Pack nourishes with egg yolk and macadamia seed. It targets split ends, and hits your strands with an intense dose of vitamins and oils. If that's not enough to convince you, it also smells like vanilla and macadamia nuts — and would you just look at that packaging?!
2. Innisfree Strengthening Shampoo rescues weak roots from the abyss and promotes scalp health with energetic ingredients sourced from South Korea's Jeju Island. Jeju pine and ginseng increases scalp circulation, while flower extracts like camellia and orchid relieve scalp stress. Plus, tea tree oil cools and soothes, leaving you with no itchiness! Reviewers mention how it helps with fallout and boosts hair thickness.
3. These razor-sharp hair cutting shears use Japanese stainless-steel to trim your ends evenly and neatly. Trimming every few months is absolutely key to hair health, preventing split ends and promoting hair growth. It's simple enough to do yourself but your dull kitchen scissors aren't gonna do the job!
4. Etude House Silk Scarf Hair Serum saves your hair texture and takes it from rough to silky (it's literally in the name!). It is lightweight and versatile, using nutrients to boost hair health, soften strands, hydrate, and provide shine. It's a must-have!
5. Shu Uemura Essence Protective Oil protects your hair fibers with camellia oil that targets dryness, frizz, and UV damage. It rebalances moisture levels, and provides nutrition so your hair is left silky, bouncy, and manageable. This one's touted as a holy-grail product and used throughout professional salons!
6. Klorane Shampoo with Quinine and B Vitamins supports and stimulates hair growth and thickening, making it ideal for fine, thinning hair. Quinine increases microcirculation and restores strength. This also uses plant-based ingredients to balance your scalp and gently cleanse. It's a win-win for your hair and the environment!
7. Silk hair scrunchies are actually gentler on hair than traditional hair elastics because they won't cause wear and tear or that annoying bend you get when you leave your hair up in a pony for a while. They hold firm and won't slip off!
8. Ryoe Korean Herbal Shampoo and Conditioner Set stimulates hair growth and is formulated specifically for hair loss and weak hair. It improves the scalp with biota seed and red ginseng, promotes elasticity, and penetrates your roots to thicken hair from the source. Basically, you get a healthy scalp and pretty hair!
9. Pattern's Shower Brush (this is Tracee Ellis Ross' haircare line!!) famously helps curly- and coily-haired gals style, detangle, and gently work in conditioner through wet hair, resulting in a happy head and healthy locks!
10. Kiehl's Fruit Oil Reparative Hair Pak revitalizes dehydrated, under-nourished hair and protects from future damage and environmental stressors with avocado oil, lemon, and olive fruit oil. It also nourishes hair that's weakened by sun exposure, heat-styling, and chemicals. Its treatment is pretty intense, making it a lifesaver for thirsty strands.
11. Nexxus Clean and Pure Scalp Scrub exfoliates your scalp (because you need that too), detoxifying and removing week-long oil and product build-up while leaving behind elastin protein and marine minerals that smooth and nourish hair.
12. Maui Moisture Shea Butter Conditioner restores the moisture in brittle hair and softens strands so that your hair stops feeling like straw. It uses a base of aloe vera juice with ingredients like coconut and macadamia oils on top to come to the rescue.
13. La'dor Tea Tree Scalp Hair Pack nourishes and restores your scalp health and ensures that with continued use, your scalp will be itch- and dandruff-free. It uses natural ingredients like tea tree leaf oil, aloe leaf, and snail extract to get to your roots and strengthen where it counts!
14. Pattern Hydrating Mist breathes life back into dry, thirsty curls and coils, and protects them from environmental stressors with aloe vera, avocado oil, and other essential nutrients. Plus, it helps you go longer between wash days!
15. This Wet Brush is a cult fave for gently detangling and smoothing out knots without ripping hair like other brushes tend to do. When you have super damaged hair, the last thing you need is rough brushing. Gentle brushing minimizes split ends and breakage.
16. Ichikami Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner Set leaves coarse, rough hair soft, detangled, and moisturized. It strengthens and hydrates brittle strands, making them more manageable — all with a sweet peachy scent!
17. T-Roots Butter Curls defines your lovely curls without weighing them down or adding any nasty chemicals or scents (because yuck!). It uses botanicals like rose yarrow, sage, nettle, and lavender to hydrate, condition, and add to your hair health. It's great for frizz-free twist-outs, braid-outs, and more.
18. Moroccanoil Treatment uses argan oil and linseed extract to nourish and improve your hair health. It's a serum well-known for its versatile conditioning benefits. You can use it for shine, frizz, and dryness. It's also cruelty-free!
19. British M Organics Hair Butter feels luxurious as it revives dead hair and provides the moisture and silkiness your hair needs to look its best. It uses shea butter and argan oil to repair damage and is great for chemically treated hair.
20. Garnier Whole Blends Honey Repairing Shampoo uses a yummy and lush blend of royal jelly, honey, and propolis to help prevent split ends and breakage and repair brittleness to give your hair a new life.
21. A head wrap protects textured hair and makes a huge fashion statement. Reviewers love this one for how soft and lightweight it is; the stretchiness makes it easy to manipulate into many styles.
22. OGX Charcoal Detox Shampoo provides a much-needed deep-cleaning detox to your oily locks with coconut charcoal and kaolin clay (two ingredients that are used in face masks to help with oily skin too!). They purify and rid your hair of all the buildup, leaving it nice and balanced so you can actually show it off without worrying about grease.
23. The Shea Shack Braid, Lock & Twist Hair Oils uses a powerful vegan oil blend to supercharge your curls, promote hair growth, and reverse bad damage au naturel! Classic oils like coconut, castor, neem, and rosemary, have your back (or rather, your hair's back?).
24. L'Oréal Paris Elvive Repair Protein adds protein to weak strands, and addresses split ends, roughness, heat damage, and breakage. The price point is great too!
25. Nexxus Weightless Shampoo moisturizes with deep sea minerals and antioxidants, hydrating without weighing hair down or stripping it dry. The ingredients are lightweight, reinvigorating oily hair and helping your locks keep their natural movement.
26. Davines All in One Milk controls and protects against frizz, hydrates and detangles, and fights UV damage and free radicals. Ingredients like roucou oil and amino acids stimulate hair growth. It's especially loved by our fellow frizzy-hair sufferers.
27. Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil offers heat and UV protection while using a blend of six oils to fight frizz, detangle, and condition super brittle hair. You can apply it to wet or dry hair.
28. Aquis Microfiber Hair Towel is lightweight and gentler on damaged hair than cotton towels. Throw up wet hair in this and your hair will be smooth and dry in no time. Plus, no frizz!
29. Verb Ghost Hair Oil saves your hair texture with a lightweight moringa oil and bamboo formula that strengthens, smooths frizz, detangles, and moisturizes. It's designed as a daily restorative oil, meaning it won't weigh hair down. Your dry, frizzy strands will become a ~ghost~ of the past.
30. Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 reduces breakage, keeps your locks from losing moisture, and repairs and protects the bonds that make up your hair structure so you'll stop seeing your precious strands go down the shower drain.
31. Elizavecca Collagen Coating Hair Protein Treatment restores the purity of your hair and makes it look as if you haven't tormented it for years with heat and sun damage. It repairs your strands and gives your hair that healthy look!
32. SheaMoisture Manuka Honey Mask makes use of organic shea butter, mafura oil, baobab oil, and fig to help fortify weak, dry hair for healthier follicles. Honey moisturizes and vitamin C protects against environmental stressors.
You feeling your new, undamaged hair:
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.