22 Things You Won't Just Use This Summer But *Every* Summer
Whether it's something super innovative or a must-have basic, you'll be glad you invested in these summer products.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A trio of mimosa sugar cubes to spice up hot summer afternoons! Drop one into a glass of champagne and watch as it instantly turns into a mimosa or bellini cocktail, complete with bubbles, color, and fruit pieces — it's like magic.
2. A mason jar indoor herb garden for growing your own summer herbs even if you don't have an actual garden. These planters use a passive hydroponic system, meaning you don't have to worry about whether the soil has the right amount of water. Growing becomes easy, and soon, you'll have your own home-grown cilantro to garnish your meal!
3. And a pair of herb scissors because it'll make cutting those herbs a breeze. Preparing your fave summer meals will get so much easier.
4. An underarm scrub for clean, bright, and pretty armpits (can armpits be pretty??) so you can wear your tank tops and sleeveless dresses with confidence. This uses coconut, charcoal, apricot seed, and green tea leaf to soften and brighten. Though it's marketed for transitioning to natural deodorant, you can use it any time for clean, nonsmelly underarms!
5. A Dear Dahlia matte liquid lipstick that's super lightweight with a silky cloud-like finish (who needs heavy, drying lipstick in the heat?) and dreamy summer-appropriate shades you'll want to wear with every outfit. Infused with the dahlia flower extract, these are long-lasting and buildable and everyone will ask where you got it 😉.
6. A hydrating face mist to refresh your skin during midday slumps and super hot days. With its lightweight blend of Jeju Island-sourced green tea, it gives dull skin a dose of hydration, which means a dewy glow and no more dry patches. Use it as a daily mist or after makeup for that glow and you'll be going through your day in full ~bloom.~
7. A microwave s'mores maker so you can recreate the joy of camping and the magic of a summer campfire right in your kitchen. Yum!
8. A silky Missha sun milk if you, like everyone, hate the infamous oiliness and white cast of many sunscreens. It has a super lightweight texture more like an essence than a thick lotion, which is what I love about it! Packed with flower extracts, it has SPF 50, doesn't create a white cast, enhances skin tone, and leaves a soft matte finish (perf for makeup). A star, this one!
9. A stainless-steel Bougie Water Bottle that's so good you'll never want to live another summer without it. And if you're doubting, the double-walled insulation, leak-proof flip 'n sip lid (so you don't have to keep unscrewing the cap), and that gorgeous artwork should convince you! Plus, it doesn't do that thing where the water tastes stale after a few hours. Fun fact: it can hold an entire bottle of wine. Bougie indeed!
10. A pack of Mediheal hydrating sheet masks to quench your parched skin so you can kick those dry patches out the door! These intensive masks contain supercharged ingredients like hyaluronic acid to help maintain your skin's natural moisture levels and keep it soft and supple. Because you'd rather enjoy summer than deal with rough flaky skin.
11. A lovely Vellabox candle subscription that'll make every summer sweet, cozy, and captivating. What's even more perfect is that the all-natural scents are curated to the season and the containers add to your decor so well, you'll want to light one up every evening. If you want just one candle, you can get that too!
12. A pack of of heavy-duty, eco-friendly and machine-washable, reusable bamboo towels so you don't have to waste a million paper towels cleaning up juice spills when all you're trying to do is have a nice cold drink in the heat. And you can do your part in being kind to the earth!
13. These disposable insect traps you can put in your plants to attract flies, gnats, midges, and other species of those pesky things that always multiply by a thousand in the summer. Now you can keep your house bug-free and go about your summers in peace.
14. These washable fridge bin liners because they'll keep your fruits and veggies from staining and leaking all over your fridge and making things smell. Now you can have your fave fruits to quench the summer heat without worrying about it making its mark on your fridge.
15. An amazing soft-serve maker that transforms your favorite frozen fruit into yummy (and nutritious) soft serve. It's so good you won't feel any yearning when the ice cream truck's jingles ring through your neighborhood.
16. A Klorane dry shampoo to not just nix oil and odor but also volumize so your hair no longer looks fine, limp, and greasy, even when you're sweating buckets. It uses organic oat milk, rice starch, and other gentle plant-based ingredients, which soothe, refresh, and rid hair of that grease-fueled shine (*shudder*).
17. Or an actual shampoo like Aveda's purifying shampoo that uses organic rosemary, peppermint, and spearmint to energize oily hair, revitalize and cool your scalp, and relieve itchiness without disrupting your scalp's natural balance — because we all know how hair can get in the summer. Ick!
18. A cold brew maker so you can celebrate summer with a nice cup of iced coffee every morning without having to leave your house. Who wins at life? That's right, you.
19. A Benefit Cosmetics rose-gold highlighter for a silky, summery, and iridescent golden glow on the cheeks that the world will envy.
20. A cooling gel memory foam pillow because it supports your head, neck, and shoulders, and absorbs heat so you can enjoy a comfortable night of sleep every night! It also prevents annoying allergies from ruining your Z's.
21. A pack of oil-blotting sheets made with natural bamboo charcoal to whisk away the oil on your entire face anytime, anywhere, any day. The sheets are soft, don't disturb makeup, and come with 100 in a pack so they last forever. Just blot and you'll be good as new!
22. A moisturizer-serum hybrid that'll leave you with plump, supple skin. It's light as water yet hydrating with honey, glycerin, and ceramides — perf for summer. Fruit oils brighten, and honey, an anti-inflammatory, soothes. All at an almost unbelievable price point. I love this so much sometimes I have nightmares they'll stop selling it 😳.
You ready to take the summer on with these great products:
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.