28 Useful Products For Anyone With Damaged Hair
If your hair always feels like a witch's broom, well, it's time to make that a thing of the past.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Elizavecca Collagen Coating Hair Protein Treatment restores the purity of your hair and makes it look as if you haven't tormented it for years with heat and sun damage. It repairs your strands and gives your hair that healthy look!
2. TonyMoly Haeyo Mayo Hair Nutrition Pack nourishes with egg yolk and macadamia seed. It targets unseemly split ends, and hits your strands with an intense dose of vitamins and nutrient-enriched oils. If that's not enough to convince you, it also smells like vanilla and macadamia nuts — and would you just look at that packaging?!
3. Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 reduces breakage, keeps your locks from losing moisture, and repairs and protects the bonds that make up your hair structure so you'll stop seeing your precious strands go down the shower drain.
4. These razor-sharp hair cutting shears use Japanese stainless-steel to trim your ends evenly and neatly. Trimming every few months is absolutely key to hair health, preventing split ends and promoting hair growth. It's simple enough to do yourself but your dull kitchen scissors aren't gonna do the job!
5. Etude House Silk Scarf Hair Serum saves your hair texture and takes it from rough to silky (it's literally in the name!). It is lightweight and versatile, using nutrients to boost hair health, soften strands, hydrate, and provide shine. It's a must-have!
6. SheaMoisture Manuka Honey Hydration Mask makes use of organic shea butter, mafura oil, baobab oil, and fig to help fortify weak, dry hair for healthier follicles. Honey moisturizes and vitamin C protects against environmental stressors.
7. Pattern Hydrating Mist (this is Tracee Ellis Ross' haircare line!) breathes life back into dry, thirsty curls and coils, and protects them from environmental stressors with aloe vera, avocado oil, and other essential nutrients. Plus, it helps you go longer between wash days!
8. British M Organics Hydrate Hair Butter feels luxurious as it revives dead hair and provides the moisture and silkiness that your hair needs to look its best. It uses shea butter and argan oil to repair damage and is great for chemically-treated hair too.
9. Wow Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo helps rescue your damaged hair from the abyss by using Himalayan apple cider vinegar and spring water to deep-clean your scalp and balance your hair's pH level. This can mean stronger, silkier hair that'll be less prone to breakage.
10. Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil offers heat and UV protection to damaged hair while using a blend of six oils and two extracts to fight frizz, detangle, and condition. You can apply it to wet or dry hair.
11. T-Roots Butter Curls defines your lovely curls without weighing them down or adding any nasty chemicals or scents (because yuck!). It uses botanicals like rose yarrow, sage, nettle, and lavender to hydrate, condition, and add to your hair health. It's great for frizz-free twist-outs, braid-outs, and more.
12. Ryoe Korean Herbal Shampoo and Conditioner Set stimulates hair growth, being formulated specifically for hair loss and weak, damaged hair. It improves the scalp with biota seed and red ginseng, promotes elasticity, and penetrates your roots to thicken hair from the source. Basically, you get a healthy scalp and pretty hair!
13. L'Oréal Paris Elvive Total Repair Protein adds protein to weak strands, and addresses split ends, roughness, heat damage, and breakage. The price point is great too!
15. Moroccanoil Treatment uses argan oil and linseed extract to nourish and improve your hair health. It's a serum well-known for its versatile conditioning benefits. You can use it for shine, frizz, and dryness. It's also cruelty-free!
16. Klorane Shampoo with Quinine and B Vitamins supports and stimulates hair growth and thickening, making it ideal for fine, thinning hair. Quinine increases microcirculation and restores strength. This shampoo also uses plant-based ingredients to balance your scalp and cleanse gently. It's a win-win for your hair and the environment!
17. Shu Uemura Essence Nourishing Protective Oil protects your hair fibers with camellia oil that targets dryness, frizz, and UV damage. It rebalances moisture levels, and provides nutrition. Your hair is left silky, bouncy and manageable. This one's touted as a holy-grail product and used throughout professional salons.
18. Maui Moisture Shea Butter Conditioner restores the moisture in brittle hair and softens strands so that your hair stops feeling like straw. It uses a base of aloe vera juice with ingredients like coconut and macadamia oils on top to come to the rescue.
19. The Shea Shack Braid, Lock & Twist Hair Oils uses a powerful vegan oil blend to supercharge your curls, promote hair growth, and reverse bad damage au naturel! Classic oils like coconut, castor, neem, and rosemary, have your back (or rather, your hair's back?).
20. A lightweight microfiber hair towel that's gentler on damaged hair than cotton towels. Throw up wet hair in this and your hair will be smooth and dry in no time. And no frizz!
21. Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Conditioner infuses your hair with biotin and pro-vitamin B5 for balance, moisture, and hydration that is weightless and effective. It's great for hair that looks dull.
22. Davines All in One Milk controls and protects against frizz, hydrates and detangles, and fights UV damage and free radicals. Ingredients like roucou oil and amino acids stimulate hair growth. It's loved by our fellow frizzy-hair sufferers.
23. Aveda Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil helps those dry ends from looking and feeling like straw. It moisturizes and softens thirsty hair, and provides shine with organic buriti oil from Brazil, olive oil, and 90% natural ingredients. It also has no silicone so your hair is moisturized right away.
24. A set of velvet hair scrunchies that are actually gentler on your hair than traditional hair elastics. They hold firm and won't slip off!
25. Kiehl's Fruit Oil Reparative Hair Pak revitalizes dehydrated, under-nourished hair and protects from future damage and environmental stressors with avocado oil, lemon, and olive fruit oil. It also nourishes hair that's weakened by sun exposure, heat-styling, and chemicals. Its treatment is pretty intense, making it a life saver for thirsty strands.
26. Ichikami Soft Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner Set leaves coarse, rough hair feeling soft, detangled, and moisturized. It strengthens and hydrates brittle strands, making them more manageable.
27. Redken Heavy Cream Super Treatment uses keratin, proteins, and silk amino acids to strengthen and replenish your hair. Among oils are argan, olive, and avocado to enrich parched, brittle strands.
28. Coco & Eve Nourishing Coconut & Fig Hair Masque transforms your hair into something sleek, silky, and touchable. Whether you have heat and chemical damage, breakage, or weak, parched locks, this will tackle all and be your savior.
You feeling your new, undamaged hair:
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.