24 Makeup Products That Also Help You Take Care Of Your Skin
Behold my friend, these hybrid products that get you all dolled up ~and~ effectively take care of your skin.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Acwell Licorice Essence Mist sets your makeup, gives you that coveted dewy glow, and refreshes your look during those midday slumps — but wait! With its balancing blend of nutrients, including licorice, bamboo water, and hyaluronic acid, it brightens, soothes, *and* gives dull skin a dose of moisture. Need I say more?
2. Maybelline Dream BB Cream actually ~adjusts~ to your skin tone, and has two formulas chock-full of benefits like hydration, SPF 30 (sunscreen is important, people!), acne-fighting salicylic acid, and the ability to blur imperfections while imparting your skin with lightweight coverage and a healthy glow without the oil. Oof, what a ~dream~ indeed.
3. MISSHA M Magic Cushion Foundation offers everything from light, breathable coverage to moisture through bamboo water, baobab fruit, and witch hazel. It also brightens, conceals blemishes, absorbs sebum, has SPF 50 (50!!), and is super easy to apply. You're left with supple, fresh skin that ensures you'll look as radiant as the moon 🌙.
4. Australian Gold Botanical Tinted Sunscreen shields your skin from UVA and UVB rays with SPF 50, and evens your tone with a natural tint that prevents the dreaded ghostly white cast. It's also rich with skin-loving botanicals like eucalyptus and red algae, and helps blur imperfections.
5. Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm moisturizes dry, chapped lips with ingredients like shea butter and aloe while providing buildable color that's long-lasting. All at a price point you'll love. Flaky, washed-out lips? No thanks!
6. Erborian Ginseng BB Cream uses ginseng, licorice, and wild yam to refine skin texture, and reduce blemishes, dark spots, and under-eye circles. It also has collagen ingredients that moisturize and plump, leaving you with bouncy, silky skin. Um, okay. You have convinced me to buy this. I’m sold.
7. Colourpop Lux Lipstick gives your lips some much-needed TLC with a rich blend of hydrating butters that makes sure you don't have to sacrifice long-lasting color for a healthy pout. It also protects against premature aging and environmental elements with antioxidants. What do you mean it's just a lipstick?!
8. First Aid Beauty Avocado Concealer nourishes your skin with — you guessed it — avocado! Caffeine diminishes your dark circles and mushroom plumps up your skin with moisture, all while giving you full, buildable coverage that bends with your skin (no creases!). Beware: this concealer will spoil you!
9. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Foundation improves your skin's tone and texture, and enhances your natural glow with soy, vitamin E, and feverfew, a plant that soothes. Plus, all of these have antioxidant properties for some good ol' skin-loving. It also has SPF 20! Seems like it takes its name quite seriously...
10. SUPERGOOP Sunscreen Primer effectively holds your makeup in place, offers SPF 40, and — wait for it — protects your skin from your laptop and phone's blue light (thank you, red algae)! It's also completely transparent (NO! White! Cast!), and is loaded with antioxidants. *Cue happy dance.*
11. Glossier Cloud Paint Blush tints your skin with a healthy and pretty flush of color that's sheer, blendable, and buildable. It's formulated with collagen and retains a high amount of water so it visibly plumps and hydrates your skin with a dose of moisture. I've been making heart eyes at this for ages.
12. Skinfood Peach Cotton Multi-Finish Powder sets your makeup, absorbs oil and sweat, and gives you a matte look that's silky, not dry. What makes it different? It's the peach and sake extracts that soothe troubled skin, prevent dryness, and promote skin elasticity, making it perfect for oily and acne-prone types. The sweet peach scent doesn't hurt either!
13. Mamonde Watery Cushion Foundation delivers some serious TLC to your skin with its narcissus bulb extract and vegan formula. The moisture that the flower stores in the winter for hydration in the summer is used here to give you supple, even-toned skin and a naturally luminous water-light finish (with SPF 50!!). Sounds like a dream but it's totally real.
14. Mizon Snail Repair BB Cream contains 45% snail mucin, as well as peptides, which come together to fight hyperpigmentation, acne, and skin damage. More reason this is good for you? Snail mucin helps stimulate collagen, diminish wrinkles, and strengthen skin elasticity. It also protects from free radicals and soothes dryness and rosacea. And you get that smooth, bouncy skin that the world will envy.
15. Glossier Haloscope Highlighter combines real crystal extracts with vitamin-rich oils like coconut, castor seed, and sweet almond for a dewy and natural (but never oily!) non-glittery ✨glow✨ that's all ~you.~
16. Physician's Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer delivers a cream-to-powder finish that leaves you just about ready for a photoshoot on the beach. It's loved by more than 1,000 people for its ~buttery~ texture and sensitive skin-approved ingredients like murumuru, cupuaçu, and tucuma butter sourced from the lush Amazon forest.
17. MISSHA BB Boomer Primer treats your skin to a loving concoction of chrysanthemum, jasmine, and moringa that hydrates, prevents wrinkles, reduces inflammation, and boosts collagen. Niacinamide and diamond powder can help give you radiant skin!
18. IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream supports your skin with collagen, peptides, and hyaluronic acid. It gives FULL matte coverage, reduces pores and other imperfections, brightens, hydrates, and protects with SPF 50+. So what do you get? A plump and glowy complexion that's ready to take on the world.
19. Glossier Boy Brow Gel amplifies your brows by thickening and shaping them while adding a tint of color to fill them in. With organic waxes that provide a flexible hold, olive oil for nourishment, and collagen to condition and strengthen, you get full brows that are still natural and healthy because yes, brows need some lovin' too!
20. Skinfood Tomato Jelly Tint Lip uses tomato seed oil to condition your lips with all-day moisture and a long-wearing rosy tint that looks sweet, kissable, and natural. ~Kiss~ those dry lips goodbye!
21. Burt's Bees Matte Lip Crayon imparts flattering color that stays matte but never dry due to creamy, moisturizing agents that pamper your lips like shea butter, jojoba oil, and kendi oil. So if you like a matte look, no need to despair! But remember: Matte + nourished = in. Matte + cracked = out.
22. First Aid Beauty Tinted Moisturizer hydrates deeply thanks to hyaluronic acid, tackles uneven texture and fine lines with antioxidants (yay for vitamin E!), and soothes dry skin with oatmeal. Oh, and it has SPF 30 and buildable, glowy coverage. How's that for hardworking?
23. Skinfood Fresh Fruit Juice Blush gives your cheeks a vibrant and ~fruity~ burst of color that's natural and not at all overbearing. It's enriched with fruit (surprise!) and vegetable extracts like carrot, lemon, wheat, apple, and celery to ensure your cheeks are blushing healthily. Happy skin = happy me.
24. 100 Percent Pure Liquid Eye Liner proves that even eyeliners can be good for your eyes and have an awesome formula that works! This one uses antioxidant-rich black tea leaves to get its dramatic (non-toxic) black color, along with aloe and cocoa butter to hydrate your lids sans greasiness, and herbs like rosemary and thyme to soothe. The eyes are important too, guys!
Congrats! Now you are an educated makeup + skincare aficionado. Remember to look for skin-loving ingredients! Now ~let go~ of your old makeup products because it's time to let your skin ✨shine.✨
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.