33 Mother’s Day Gifts For When You Can’t Be Together
Distance doesn't mean you can't still show your love.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
3. A mason jar indoor herb garden if she's always dreamt of growing her own herbs but lacks time, or, well, an actual garden. No need for her to go outside now! These planters use a passive hydroponic system, meaning she doesn't even have to worry about whether the soil has the right amount of water. Soon, she'll have her own cilantro to garnish meals with.
4. Or if she does have the space and wants more than herbs, a Bloomin' Bin subscription box to cater to her inner gardener. She can finally start that garden she's always dreamed of. And you get cute veggie pics!
5. A movies scratch-off poster with 100 iconic movies ranging from Casablanca to Jaws as a bucket list for the two of you. Virtual movie nights will be a blast as you get through each title and scratch off the panel to reveal the surprise image underneath!
6. A delicate book locket that'll hold two photos and an actual personalized secret message! Even when you can't talk to her for a while, she'll always have a memento reminding her of your love.
7. A private one-to-one virtual cooking class with expert chefs from all around the world to turn her next night in into a global adventure! She can learn to cook a yummy dish from the country of her choice, whether that's okonomiyaki from Japan, kebabs from Turkey, or empanadas from Peru — all from the comfort of home.
8. An amazing pair of long-distance lamps so when you tap one to turn it on, its corresponding partner will light up too, no matter where it is — it could be in a whole other country! It's a lovely way to let your mom know you're missing them or even just surprise her. You can assign colors so each person gets their own special shade too!
9. OR these Bond Touch bracelets you and your mom can wear everyday to give each other a subtle sign whenever you're missing or thinking of the other! She'll be overjoyed when her wrist lights up as she's going about her day.
10. A beautiful plant-themed growth journal — she can track her goals both big and small. With its whimsical full-color illustrations of florals and botanicals, just opening this will get her inspired!
11. A heart-touching Winnie the Pooh vintage-style art print that'll bring tears to your (or your mom's) eyes, because he just says the darndest sweet things. It's a great way to tell your mom you'll always be there for her even though you're apart! How can you not put a hand to your heart and sigh, reading this?
12. A sweet "Why I Miss You" fill-in-the-blanks book that'll let you get personal with cute and simple prompts. You can say all the things you can't in person. Be funny or be sappy — whatever you do, your mom will love reading through this on days she misses you back. It'll become a treasured keepsake for sure.
13. A gorgeous personalized bracelet in your own handwriting. Your mom will always have a piece of you with her, no matter the distance!
14. A birth month flower kit so Mom can literally grow her own birth flower! The two of you can follow its growth on your daily video calls. It's perfect for some-bud-y who enjoys things like birthstones, astrology, and even just flowers.
15. A fresh eucalyptus shower bunch to give her a spa-like experience when she needs to unwind from the day since you can't actually take her to the spa right now. The aromas not only refresh but also can help destress, and can provide some relief for colds and allergies.
16. A clip-on selfie ring light — she can finally have some star-quality lighting on your scheduled video calls together! No more shadowy, murky screens.
17. A monthly Japanese snack box if she's always wanted to go to Japan. Now, she can explore and experience Japan in not one, not two, but six ways with a taste of everything from anime-themed snacks and fun drinks to DIY kits and Japanese Kit Kats! Everything comes straight from Tokyo and it's super affordable too.
18. A small block sign that'll tell her distance doesn't matter when it comes to love! This'll be a cute reminder no matter where you both are.
19. A scratch-off world map for a fun way to mark your past family trips together and your future ones (once all this *gestures vaguely* is over, of course). Have your mom scratch off the places she wants to go to!
20. A hands casting kit that'll capture every line and fingerprint from your interlocked hands and provide a super sentimental gift for her to treasure always!
21. A vegan Starbucks candle that will have her whole house smelling like her favorite coffee. These candles will remind her of your coffee trips together in the past. She'll love this — especially with the cute recycled bottles!
22. A Chocolate and Book subscription box that'll keep her company with a book, a yummy hand-selected chocolate, and a hot drink. It's the perfect combo to help her unplug, get comfy, and lose herself in a cozy experience. Chocolate just makes everything better!
23. A moringa flower body butter because it feels rich and lovely on skin and smells absolutely heavenly. Your mom deserves to be pampered even if she's far away!
24. A height-adjustable laptop desk if she works from home or if she just doesn't want to get out of bed while FaceTiming you. No more precariously balancing her phone or laptop on the couch edge! This fits a laptop along with snacks, tea, books, and more!
26. A compact heated massager to spoil her limbs and relieve cramps and tight muscles after a hard day of working. You can ensure she takes care of herself with this!
27. A tea subscription box so she can try loose leaf tea from all around the world without having to leave home. The teas are hand-packaged, have different varieties of flavor, and come with reusable linen tea filters. Why should her exploration of tea stop at her grocery shelf?
28. An elegant and beautifully minimalistic personalized portrait art drawing of her pet. Choose from over 150 cat and dog breeds, your fave design and color, and even add her pet's name! It'll be a thoughtful gift for sure.
29. A Cardalloon that's part card and part balloon if you want to upgrade your standard card game! Your message goes on the box, she presses the magic button, and bam! The balloon of your choice magically inflates! Whether you go for I Miss You or I Love You, it's sure to be a surprise she won't soon forget!
30. A Glossier makeup set to revamp her daily makeup routine! The set includes the famous Cloud Paint blush and the other cult faves that are perf for everyday use, including Boy Brow brow gel and Lash Slick mascara. Have her show off how it looks on her during your next call!
31. An Instant Pot to make cooking easier for her. This will help her whip up yummy meals in no time at all, making cooking simple and saving her time when you come visit for her homemade cooking!
33. A luxurious spa day bundle that includes fancy soap, a scrubber, bath salts, and other goodies for the perfect self-care day.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.