3. Born without arms, Mary Gannon teaches her students not to let anything hold them back.
4. Retired teacher Millicent “Mama” Hill gives over 3,000 kids in Watts, Calif. a safe place to go after school.
From the safety of Millicent Hill’s own home, students can get help with their schoolwork and guidance for everything from gang violence to dealing with grief.
5. Math teacher Jon Kitna subbed for Tony Romo and made a forward pass to his students, donating his entire paycheck to the school.
This retired player was called in for a one week contract with the Dallas Cowboys and gave the $55,294 that he made to his school.
6. Amy Ryan and Lee Morris saved a speeding bus full of school children after the driver was knocked out of his seat.
13. Jeanne Manford was one of the founders of Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG).
After watching her gay son get beaten by police on television, this New York City teacher marched into the streets with a sign that read: “Parents of Gays: Unite in Support for our Children.”
18. In a true act of heroism, Michael Landsberry sacrificed his life to protect his students.
This Afghanistan veteran fearlessly approached the shooter, giving students on the playground time to escape to safety. He received a Citizen of the Year award for his bravery, and secured a place in history as one of the most heroic teachers of all time.
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- "We can never apologize enough." United released its report on the plane dragging accident, and outlined changes it'll make to prevent similar incidents.
- People are calling the Trump administration's new "criminal alien" hotline to report how they've been victimized by space aliens 👽☎️