Actually, bumpy isn’t the right word. Mexico’s performance as of late has been awful, horrible, terrible, no good, trash, painful, excruciating, frustrating, harsh, and just plain bad.
Just keeping it real.
There are many reasons for the sad state of Mexico’s National Team. But one thing is for sure: WE WILL BE THERE TO SUPPORT UNCONDITIONALLY.
Because it’s in our blood.
Here are some reasons for why you should support the Mexican National Team at the World Cup:
1. Miguel Herrera is the most entertaining head coach in Mexican soccer history.
After going through THREE coaches in one year, Mexico finally settled on this man as our only hope. The man has passion and sometimes that’s all it takes. And seriously, who can forget this epic celebration.
2. He loves to take selfies and that’s awesome.
He takes them with everyone.
Even with the President of Mexico.
4. Rafael Marquez will guide the team to victory. He might be past his prime, but his experience and leadership are essential in maintaining a stable defense.
5. Javier “Chicharito” Hernandez aka the poster boy for El Tricolor. He’s in charge of scoring goals. He needs your support. Like, for real.
6. Now that he’s playing for Spain’s Villareal F.C., Giovani dos Santos will finally show up to Brazil ready to shine.
Just like Chicharito, dos Santos has also struggled in El Tricolor as of late. But fans are confident both will bring their A-game to Brazil. They don’t have a choice.
8. José de Jesús Corona will be our savior when he blocks every one of Brazil’s shots to goal.
Like Gandalf, he will not let anything pass.
9. But there’s always the legendary prowess of Guillermo “Memo” Ochoa.
One can never decide which goalkeeper is the best.
13. Soccer is in our blood. The Aztecs used to play a more hardcore version of the game called Ullamaliztli, where they would try to score the ball through a stone hoop using only their knees, hips, elbows and head.
It was extremely difficult. Also, the ball was made out of deer skin. NBD.
14. Skipping work to go watch El Tricolor is a perfectly acceptable.
16. Mexico is way more than a soccer team.
You’re not just supporting eleven players kicking around a soccer ball. You’re supporting a country, a culture, an identity that’s deeply ingrained inside every Mexican and Mexican-American all over the world. You’re supporting an entity that connects everyone with Mexican blood in their veins. It doesn’t matter whether you’re black, white, brown, rich, or poor, for a 90-minute soccer game, you’re all on the same team, all across the globe, watching your cultural identity represented on a global platform.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.