1. On Saturday night, Mexico’s National Team gained a 3-1 victory over Ecuador in a friendly game at the AT&T Center in Arlington, TX.
2. However, the victory was dampened by midfielder Luis Montes’ brutal injury after colliding with Ecuador’s Segundo Castillo. Both players will not compete in the World Cup.
3. Israel Márquez, spokesperson for the Mexican National Team, took to Twitter to report on Montes’ injury, indicating he suffered a fractured tibia and fibula.
4. Mexican head coach Miguel Herrera also took to Twitter to comment on Montes’ injury. He says, “Today, we have lost a fundamental piece but we are all with you. Good luck, ‘Chapo’ Montes.”
5. Ecuadorian site CanchaEcuador is reporting that Castillo suffered a torn ACL in the collision and will also miss the World Cup.
6. In more unnerving news for the Mexican National Team, defender and team captain Rafael Márquez was also taken to the hospital to evaluate a possible foot injury.
With the World Cup only 12 days away, these injuries are unfortunate news for both Mexico and Ecuador.
Rafael Márquez has given an update on his condition through his Instagram.
- Beloved actor Gene Wilder, who starred in classics like "Willy Wonka" and "Blazing Saddles," has died at 83.
- Huma Abedin, a top aide to Hillary Clinton, is separating from Anthony Weiner after his latest sexting revelation.
- Apple will unveil the newest iPhones on September 7. Expect a new dual-camera system and NO headphone jack 📱