1. On Saturday night, Mexico’s National Team gained a 3-1 victory over Ecuador in a friendly game at the AT&T Center in Arlington, TX.
2. However, the victory was dampened by midfielder Luis Montes’ brutal injury after colliding with Ecuador’s Segundo Castillo. Both players will not compete in the World Cup.
3. Israel Márquez, spokesperson for the Mexican National Team, took to Twitter to report on Montes’ injury, indicating he suffered a fractured tibia and fibula.
4. Mexican head coach Miguel Herrera also took to Twitter to comment on Montes’ injury. He says, “Today, we have lost a fundamental piece but we are all with you. Good luck, ‘Chapo’ Montes.”
5. Ecuadorian site CanchaEcuador is reporting that Castillo suffered a torn ACL in the collision and will also miss the World Cup.
6. In more unnerving news for the Mexican National Team, defender and team captain Rafael Márquez was also taken to the hospital to evaluate a possible foot injury.
With the World Cup only 12 days away, these injuries are unfortunate news for both Mexico and Ecuador.
Rafael Márquez has given an update on his condition through his Instagram.
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- South Korean prosecutors have reportedly asked a judge to issue an arrest warrant for former President Park Geun-hye.
- "Orange Is The New Black" actor Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli officially tied the knot in Palm Springs 🌴
- And Muslims in Birmingham told BuzzFeed News what it's like in the city that finds itself under the spotlight because of the murderous actions of London attacker Khalid Masood.