7. Jodie Foster voiced the talking tattoo in the Season 4 episode “Never Again.”
13. Anderson was unhappy with filming a hotel scene in her underwear, where she reveals to Mulder some conspicuous bug bites.
Anderson believed the scene was gratuitous and there was “no reason for it.” Carter believed the scene was necessary to “highlight the platonic relationship between the two.”
14. Dana Scully originally had a boyfriend named Ethan Minette in the pilot episode.
He was added in by Fox executive because they felt there was not enough “romantic interest” between Mulder and Scully. Carter nixed all of his scenes, insisting the relationship between Mulder and Scully was much more interesting.
17. Nicholas Lea, who plays Alex Krycek, actually appears as a completely different character in the Season 1 episode “Gender Bender.”
19. X was originally meant to be played by actress Natalija Nogulich from Star Trek: the Next Generation.
She filmed one scene as X before being replaced by Steven Williams. Chris Carter said, “The chemistry wasn’t there.”
27. The episode was also inspired by Charlie Chaplin’s autobiography.
One of the inspirations for the now infamous “Home” episode was a story in Chaplin’s autobiography. While staying at a tenement home, he met a quadruple amputee who was pulled from under a bed by his family. The man “flopped around” while his family sang and danced.
29. The Season 1 episode “Tooms” had many “firsts.”
Mitch Pileggi appeared for the first time as Walter Skinner, the first time William B. Davis spoke as Cigarette-Smoking Man, and the first time a Monster-of-the-Week character is given a follow-up episode.
37. If you look closely, the FBI badges used in the show read “Federal Bureau of Justice, United States Department of Investigation.”
This was done because creating a fake FBI badge is illegal.
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, an investigation reveals.
- Mexican music legend Juan Gabriel has died at 66. The singer was known for his mariachi tunes and ballads on love and heartbreak.
- Beyoncé slayed her "Lemonade" performance at the MTV VMAs Sunday night 👸🐝