1. When boys weren't allowed to wear long hair or earrings like the girls.
California's Clovis Unified School District failed to pass a motion that would allow boys to have long hair and wear earrings to Buchanan High School — so students responded by wearing clothing generally considered atypical for their gender, with girls in button-down shirts and boys in dresses. They also started a petition against the restrictive dress code, which has garnered nearly 3,700 signatures.
2. When a trans teen was sent home for wearing the uniform that aligned with her damn gender.
3. When girls weren't allowed to wear their hair natural.
4. When a budding writer messed with the wrong pants.
5. When cheerleaders were expected to take the blame for a boy's "impure thoughts."
6. When girls had to reiterate that they weren't a "distraction."
7. When a shirt asserting that black lives matter was apparently too much to handle.
8. Oh, wait. That happened multiple times.
9. When whole cities denied Muslim women the option of modest swimwear.
10. When a woman fought being kicked out of her university's gym because...MRSA?
11. When a young woman was forced to get on her knees to have her skirt measured — and went public about the degrading incident.
Seventeen-year-old Amanda Durbin wore a dress with leggings to her Kentucky high school, where she was made to kneel on the floor so her skirt could be measured. After asking to have her parents present for the measuring, Durbin lost two hours of the day intended for providing her with education, instead sitting in the principal's office.