1. When a student body president took administrators to task about her own body.
2. When Not "A" Distraction was the perfect mix of bravery and bookishness.
3. When the "fingertip rule" chose the wrong sister to point at.
4. When #IAmMoreThanADistraction proved women don't exist solely through a male lens.
5. When after winning the fight against a disproportionately enforced dress code at their school, three teens took their cause citywide.
6. When #IfAnythingSchoolTaughtMe explained the real problem with dress codes in education.
7. When one woman showed off the strong-willed head on her shoulders.
In May, Canadian student Lauren Wiggins was given detention for wearing the full-length dress pictured above, which was deemed a "sexual distraction."
"I’m tired of the discrimination against our bodies, and I’m absolutely fed up with comments that make us feel like we can’t be comfortable without being provocative," Wiggins wrote in a Facebook post about the incident, later adding in a letter to her principal, "If you are truly so concerned that a boy in this school will get distracted by my upper back and shoulders then he needs to be sent home and practice self control."