33 TV Moments That Are Absolutely Heartbreaking, But Not A Lot Of People Talk About Them
"How could she think that I could live without her?"
We asked the BuzzFeed Community to tell us which TV scenes always make them cry, and while there were a ton of moments we always talk about, there were even more heartbreaking moments that aren't talked about enough. So, here are some sad TV scenes that are extremely underrated:
🚨Warning: There are MASSIVE spoilers ahead! And mentions of sexual assault and suicide.🚨
1. First, on Sesame Street, when the neighbors had to explain to Big Bird that Mr. Hooper died.
2. On The End of the F***ing World, when James told Alyssa about his dad dying.
3. On Parenthood, when Alex broke up with Haddie, and then he had to say this heartbreaking goodbye to Kristina.
4. On Charmed, when Piper broke down over Prue's death.
5. On The Big C, when Adam found the storage unit where Cathy was keeping presents for him for the next 10 years.
6. On Avatar: The Last Airbender, when Uncle Iroh mourned his son and sang "Leaves from the Vine."
7. On Secret Life of the American Teenager, when Adrian and Ben's baby died.
9. On How I Met Your Mother, when Tracy talked to Max, her boyfriend who died, and asked if it was okay to move on.
10. On Pose, when Pray Tell finally visited Costas in the hospital and wept in his arms.
11. On Lucifer, when Amenadiel carried Charlotte to heaven after she saved his life.
12. On Angel, when Angel got to spend a day as a human with Buffy, but then they had to reset the day like it never happened.
13. On Glee, when Finn's mom talked about how hard it was waking up every day and remembering that Finn was gone.
14. On The 100, when Monty didn't get to say "I love you" to Jasper before he died.
15. On One Day at a Time, when Elena confronted her dad after he stopped talking to her after she came out.
16. On Money Heist/La Casa de Papel, when Berlin sacrificed himself so everyone else could escape.
17. On Black-ish, when Bow and Dre decided to take some time apart.
18. On Grey's Anatomy, when all of the doctors surprised a patient with a wedding under the stars in her hospital room.
19. Also on Grey's Anatomy, when Amelia cried because her mom and the rest of her family wasn't coming to her wedding.
20. On Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., when Bobbi and Hunter said goodbye to the team.
21. On Rugrats, when Chuckie's dad read the poem his mom wrote to him before she died.
23. On Wynonna Earp, when Wynonna, Doc, Waverly, Nicole, and Jeremy all mourned Dolls in their own ways after he died.
24. On Smash, when Jimmy sang "The Love I Meant to Say" after Kyle's death.
25. On My Mad Fat Diary, when Rae didn't want to say all of the awful things she thinks to a younger version of herself.
26. On Criminal Minds, when Emily listened to a message from Garcia saying everyone was coming to help her.
27. On Scrubs, when Carla said goodbye to Laverne before she died.
28. On Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, when Valencia broke down crying after Rebecca attempted suicide.
29. On 9-1-1, when Athena caught her fiancé's killer 20 years later and was finally able to grieve the loss.
30. On One Tree Hill, when Haley, Quinn, and Taylor laid in bed with their mom right before she died.
31. On The Bold Type, when Jacqueline took the weights and revealed that she's a sexual assault survivor.
32. On Ugly Betty, when we thought Santos was alive, but really Hilda was crying alone and imagining him.
33. And finally, on Looking for Alaska, when Pudge mourned Alaska after she tragically died.
Do you have other underrated heartbreaking TV moments you wished more people talked about? Tell us in the comments below!
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.