1. First, on The Good Place, when Chidi is about to have his memory wiped and he says goodbye to Eleanor.
3. On Parenthood, when Max is upset that all of the kids on his field trip made fun of him and one of them peed in his canteen.
5. On Sons of Anarchy, when Opie accepts his fate after being left alone to fight Pope's men in the box.
6. On Grey's Anatomy, when Meredith let Derek go before he died.
7. On WandaVision, when Vision gives a speech about grief to Wanda while she's mourning Pietro.
8. Also on WandaVision, when Wanda can't feel Vision anymore.
9. On The Walking Dead, when Glenn utters his last words to Maggie.
10. On The Haunting of Hill House, when Nell talks to the rest of the Crain siblings in the Red Room.
11. On Supernatural, when Dean says goodbye to Sam right before he dies during the series finale.
12. On One Tree Hill, when Keith talks to Jimmy in the school hallway right before they both die.
13. On Doctor Who, when the Tenth Doctor is about to regenerate, but he's not ready.
14. On Fleabag, when the Priest tells Fleabag to move on after she says, "I love you."
15. On The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, when Will breaks down over his dad leaving again.
16. On The Haunting of Bly Manor, when Jamie tries to reach Dani at the bottom of the lake, and the narrator explains why Dani won't let her.
17. On BoJack Horseman, when BoJack is talking to Sarah Lynn in the planetarium.
18. On Scrubs, when J.D. asks Dr. Cox where he thinks they are while attending Ben's funeral.
19. On Game of Thrones, when Robb calls out for Catelyn before he's stabbed (again) at the Red Wedding.
20. On Glee, when Finn's mom says she's still a mother even though Finn is gone.
21. On One Day at a Time, when Elena tells Alex what she really wanted to say at their dad's wedding, and how much it still hurts that their dad didn't accept her right away after she came out.
22. On Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist, when Zoey wonders what will happen after she can't hear her dad's heart songs anymore.
23. On How I Met Your Mother, when Marshall finds out his dad suddenly died.
24. On Criminal Minds, when Hotch finds Jack hiding after Haley is murdered.
25. On Stranger Things, when Eleven reads Hopper's letter and he reminds her to leave the door open.
26. On Pose, when Candy, as a spirit, talks to her father at her funeral.
27. On Sorry for Your Loss, when Leigh visits Matt's school after his death and sees what he painted on the wall of things he wanted.
28. On Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., when Fitz responds with this devastating line after Simmons tries to wake him up from the Framework.
29. On Teen Wolf, when Scott can't take away Allison's pain after she's stabbed.
30. On The 100, when Monty records his final video message for Bellamy and Clarke, which they finally watch after they arrive at a new planet years after his death.
31. On Outlander, when Claire wakes up and asks where Faith is, because she doesn't know she died.
32. On Angel, when Illyria appears as Fred while Wesley is dying during the series finale.
33. And finally, on Boy Meets World, when Mr. Feeny says goodbye one last time.
We can't fit everything into one post, so tell us other heartbreaking TV quotes that you still think about in the comments below!
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.